Atlas Obscura presents Obscura Day, an international celebration of unusual places, full of expeditions, back room tours & explorations of the hidden wonders in your own hometown. April 28th, 2012 – EVERYWHERE.
If you’re in Los Angeles check out these great Obscura Day activities;
- RETROFUTURE: CELEBRATING A FUTURE THAT NEVER WAS WITH BBC FUTURE’S MATT NOVAK
- THE ART OF DARKNESS SCAVENGER HUNT AT THE GETTY CENTER
- MAJA’S MYSTERIES: RAPTURE & RELEASE: ESOTOURIC TOURS
- OBSCURA DAY AT THE ECHO PARK TIME TRAVEL MART
- AN OBSCURE DAY AT THE BUNNY MUSEUM
via Wilder Quarterly, a publication for people enthralled by the natural world. In our pages you’ll find green thumbs, rooftop gardeners, foodies and chefs, seed savers, architects, hobby farmers, horticulturalists, innovators, amateurs, and experts.
They led us to this recipe for Strawberry-Knotwood Pie, it’s similar to rhubarb and yes that’s Japanese knotwood in “Wildman” Steve Brill’s grill above.
Image: “Wildman” Steve Brill
Don Hielo has 213 post(s) on Epicure Me | Curated Consumption for a Tasteful Lifestyle