Val Kilmer will present his one man play, Citizen Twain, in a limited run at The Historic Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery over just two weekends this March.
“The recent news of my death has been greatly exaggerated.” – Mark Twain
Created and performed by acclaimed actor Val Kilmer, and seen recently in development by sold out audiences in venues in Los Angeles such as Disney Concert Hall, Tim Robbins’ The Actors’ Gang, and The United States Veterans Artists’ Alliance Hall, Mr. Kilmer’s production delves into the heart and soul of Samuel Clemens and conjures forth the great spirit of Mark Twain, America’s greatest storyteller.
Deeply entertaining, with great wit, song and prose, the play weaves Twain’s biographical themes into a play that proclaims and takes joy in the marvel of words, which, as Twain says in the play, “Form the ladder to my heaven.” Storytelling was a lifeline for Twain, and in Kilmer’s Citizen Twain, this lifeline continues into and after Twain’s death, making it an appropriate choice to perform the show in The Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
ONE MAN SHOW – EIGHT SHOWS ONLY.
Tickets are $60 – Parking is FREE on site
Performance times and dates are as follows:
- Friday, March 30th, 2012 – doors 7pm – show 8pm
- Saturday, March 31st, 2012 – doors 7pm – show 8pm
- Sunday, April 1st, 2012 – Matinee – doors 2pm – show 3pm
- Sunday, April 1st, 2012 – doors 7pm – show 8pm
- Saturday, April 7th, 2012 – doors 7pm – show 8pm
- Sunday, April 8th, 2012 – Matinee – doors 2pm – show 3pm
- Sunday, April 8th, 2012 – doors 7pm – show 8pm
- Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 – doors 7pm – show 8pm
Don Hielo has 213 post(s) on Epicure Me | Curated Consumption for a Tasteful Lifestyle